Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I'm purging.

I think I say this all the time, but I actually am now. I am going room by room - sometimes drawer to drawer, because that is all I can handle in that particular moment - but I am slowly parting with as much "stuff" as I possibly can.

I have minimalist dreams.

In no way will my house ever be a museum that has nothing in it but furniture and a few art pieces, but I cannot stand "stuff". I am nowhere near being a hoarder, but the level of "stuff" in my house is making me homicidal, and I fully believe in the "simple living" philosophy.

I know, I know. Being a minimalist, and simple living are two totally different things. What I also am not, is hard core. I find the applicable and apply it. I am not even going to pretend that I know what the difference is, I just know that hardcore minimalists lose hair over anyone insinuating that the simple living philosophy is anything remotely close to being a minimalist.

At any rate. I am in my basement at the moment. A basement that is being turned into a playroom, and I am suffocating on the anxiety that all of this useless crap is bringing me.
Throw it away, you say? Except, it shouldn't all go into the landfill. That gives the 'waste is sad' part of me horror-filled nightmares.
What I am actually planning to do is post most of it for free on our community online yard sale site. That is just tedious, and isn't the immediate answer that my psyche wants.

Fair warning, this is going to be a subject here for a while.

I should probably stop procrastinating and get back to it.

Happy Hump Day

No comments:

Post a Comment