Friday, November 2, 2012

In honor of Thanksgiving Month I am going to do a weekly installment of "5 Things I am Thankful For".

The top 5 for this week are:

1. The two friends that I have who own smart phones and who do not keep them in front of their faces the entire time we are out. These two people have made it to the top of my favorite people list because we can actually meet out and 99.9% of the time I don't even see their phones.
The advent of the smart phone has made me want to stop socializing with most people. I don't want to hang out with you while you stare at your phone.

2. You may have heard that there was a hurricane this week. I am thankful that our area went largely unscathed (compared to up north) and my power was back up the next day. There are many who were not so fortunate.

3. Great neighbors who like to get together around the fire pit at night and drink wine. It is always a good time.

4. Neighbors who have children in the Girl Scouts. My cupboard is stocked up with all sorts of Girl Scout cookie goodness.

5. Craigslist. I got an elliptical for $80!

That is it for this Friday! On to NaNoWriMo!

No comments:

Post a Comment