Thursday, November 29, 2012

NaNoWriMo doesn't actually end until midnight tomorrow night, but I will take the time today to let you know that I am not going to be crossing the finish line. I wasn't able to write for a good number of days around Thanksgiving and that pretty much put the nail in the coffin. The momentum was broken and I haven't really been able to recover.
I'm so drained after time with certain company that it literally takes me days to recover.

I'm still going to write when I have the opportunity for the remainder of the challenge, but 20,000 words is a pretty significant gap to make up in a day and a half.

Even still, I don't consider it a complete failure. Last year I barely broke 6,000. This year I got to 30,000, and while that is not 50,000, had I not had the interruption I would have gotten to 50,000 and probably beyond.

Next year I'm not letting anything (or anyone) get in my way. I'm angry at myself for letting anything (or anyone) get in my way this year. Oh, the time we waste...

But hey, 30,000 words ain't too shabby. I'm happy with it, even if that is all I end up with.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment