Monday, September 10, 2012

Man, RenFest season wears me out, yo!

This is my second year working our local Renaissance Festival. I absolutely love it. I love the people that I work with, the people-watching, the atmosphere. I love getting there early in the morning before even most of the employees are there and walking around in the woods through our little "village".
I marvel at the women who walk around in their gorgeous costumes that have to be a billion degrees, not to mention heavy as sin, and wonder how in the hell they manage in the port-a-potties. Seriously, some of these costumes have to be hundreds of dollars worth of investment. Probably closer to 1000+ by the time you add in the accessories and stuff.
We have men who walk around in full suits of metal armor - again, the heat! Holy Moly, people.
It is just such a hoot to be a part of. It also makes for a hectic 9 weeks. The festival only runs on the weekends, but we pretty much put in 10 to 12 hour days each day, most of it on our feet.

One of these days I'll remember to take my camera with me so I can share some photos with you guys.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment