Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A penny for... my bathroom floor.

"Set up a jar to collect pennies in for the penny tile floor" was supposed to be an item for my March goals list, but I couldn't stop thinking about it so I decided to just do it.

This has all been sitting in my closet for an age.
While surfing Pinterest one night I found a tile floor made with pennies. I have to have one. It will be perfect for the main floor powder room.

Here is how it looks when it is finished, if you didn't go to the link:

Love!
How awesome does that look with all the different shades of colors from the old and new pennies all mixed in together?!
I cannot wait to do this, so yesterday I decided to grab the change jar and spent a good half an hour (probably more...) separating the pennies out from the rest of the change. There is a lot of change in this house. Holy moly.

I realize that I could easily just go to the bank and buy pennies from them, but where is the fun in that?
Besides, it will be a little while before I am ready to turn that room back into a bathroom (it is currently a storage closet), so I have a little time and the collecting will be fun.

I did notice one commenter's concern over potentially valuable pennies being glued to the floor. We totally take pennies for granted, don't we? I seriously would never have considered it, but now that the thought is in my head I have to. Thankfully one of my favorite people in this world is a coin collector! Guess I'll have to get his opinion.

Anyway - Who knows when this will actually come to life. The powder room is going to be a "from the ground up" kind of project, but I will definitely be updating you with a blog when it happens. Particularly the floor!

Happy Tuesday everyone!
(and please send your positive thoughts that the plague will leave my house. Thanks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment