Thursday, November 14, 2013

Good morning blog-o-sphere!

I don't have much to say this morning so I will leave you with a few announcements:

1. I gave up on NaNoWriMo this year. FAIL! I know! I just have so much other crap going on right now that it was ridiculous to even pretend to continue. The word count that I actually had down probably shouldn't even have counted in any way. I will consider my financial donation to the cause my achievement this year. I got my lovely bookmark, and my sticker. Yay!

2. This does not mean that I have given up writing entirely. I am still working on another writing project, I'm just taking my time with it at the moment. 

You know what is awesome about writing? You get to use all of the names you would name your kids if you had 100 kids. Seriously, if I had a kid for every name I've ever loved. Holy shit, I would have a television show. It probably isn't even humanly possible to have as many kids as names I've loved. 
It also creates a place for all of those names you love, but would never really use because you actually like your kid.  

3. Do I have anything for number 3? Oh wait, I do! 
I have a huge project to start in my basement. I've been putting it off. 
I am considering opening an in-home daycare. People who know me in real life can go ahead and spit coffee out of their noses now.
I know, I know! It sounds ridiculous, but I think it makes sense for where I am at in my life right now, and affords me the ability to be home with my kids and still bring in an income.
Before I do, I need to finish the basement area downstairs. This involves a lot of painting, and other small projects (and not so small projects like moving the piano, gah!), that I was planning to do anyway, but that I need to get cracking on if that is my plan. The more I think about it, and write out my plan, the more excited I am about it. I know! Weird.
For those of you who don't know me in real life - I'm not generally really very fond of kids. Especially other people's kids. But I think having small children again has softened me, and one thing I love about kids is their wonder, and I love teaching them things, and showing them things, so I think I can do it.

I think that is really all I have for the time being.

I hope everyone is having a great week! 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment