Monday, December 17, 2012


I have to admit, I'm kind of over all of the "Keep Calm" posters, but this one spoke to me, ha!

This weekend was filled with working and Christmas shopping. I'm just about done, I just have a few stray items to pick up that I'll probably end up getting this coming weekend. Holy moly that is going to be a nightmare. Guess that is what I get for waiting so long.

I did find one thing that I'm not so fond of at my job. Pushing credit cards.
It is expected that we ask each customer if they would like to open a credit line with the store, and I have no problem asking every person who walks up if they would like to, but I will not push them if they say no. I can't do it. I just cannot bring myself to trying to talk someone into debt. If they express interest the first time I ask, I'm all for opening a credit line for them, but I will not be the person telling them how they can open up to three lines, yada, yada. Nope. No way. Sorry big corporation, I will not help you in that game.

Credit card debt is a killer. Ugh.

I'm more scared of my kids getting themselves in trouble with credit cards than with anything else. Seriously.

Some parents freak out over premarital sex. Some parents freak out over drugs and alcohol. Some parents freak out that their kid might choose community college over some big name school with a name that they can proudly plaster on the back window of their car for all to see, or worse, not attend their alumni school!

Not me. It is the fear of my kids opening up unnecessary credit accounts that will keep me awake at night.
That there might be a moment where one of them would come to me and tell me that they are $10k in credit card debt even though we've talked and talked and talked about how utterly stupid it is to get oneself into such situations.

It is terrifying to think about. If I fail in anything when it comes to parenting, please do not let it be this!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Happy Monday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment