Sunday, December 2, 2012

There is just something amazing about watching actors in a live performance. Seriously.

 Movies are all good and everything, but they just don't compare to watching someone get on a stage and nail their performance perfectly all night long. No "takes", no "cuts" - just raw acting. I love, love, love it.

We had so much fun seeing My Fair Lady last night! It was an incredible performance. 
I am so glad I went with my gut and got her those tickets for her birthday. She enjoyed every second of the evening.

We ended up making an entire mother/daughter day out of it. We got our hair cut, did a little shopping and then made our way to DC where we parked the car and metro'd down to have dinner. We stumbled upon a little street fair so we took a stroll through that, and after dinner we did some window shopping before heading back up to the theater to wait for our performance. It was a great time all around. I'm so thankful for these moments. I know that we will always have them, we will always do these things together, but she a year away from being an "adult" and she is going to be doing her own thing more and more, so the times that we get to spend together like this I cherish. 

How did 17 years just blow by like that?

I hope everyone else is having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment